Wow! I know I’ve been MIA for almost a month now, I apologize for that. When we got back from vacation I had another week off, due to scheduling and being sick with food poisoning, during that time I worked on 4 posts and getting my pictures ready to be put on any and every social media account I have, and then everything changed…
About a week after we got back from vacation, Josh received a phone call from an unknown British Colombia number. Little did he (we) know that that phone call would be a big one. When he came home from work that afternoon he told me all about it. A railway contract company had contacted him to offer talk about a potential job offer. Now being the stubborn man Josh is, he was hesitant and didn’t really like the idea that “head hunters” where contacting him. After many lengthy and in depth conversations, I convinced him that getting a little more information wouldn’t hurt. So emails were sent and phone interviews done, and an in person interview was set up for the next week (second week of April). The interview was planned for Thursday, which gave some time to prepare, but then it was bumped to Wednesday, and finally Monday afternoon. Although we felt annoyed the time kept changing, and we had to scramble to figure out transportation…Josh took my car into Toronto and I took a cab to work…in retrospect, the date was probably changing because they were flying in from BC just to meet with Josh, and had to figure out the best flight. The interview went well, they emailed him the contract and work offer that night and told him he had 24 hours to decide. I know for myself when I’m offered a new opportunity I jump on it, however this was different. Yes, this company was going to offer him the 6 figure salary he was asking, but it was contract work, potential to be away from home, a supervisor position that would put a lot of pressure on him, as he’d be responsible for his team. Was this a change he wanted to make? By Tuesday evening he was still undecided and called to let them know he wasn’t sure, they extended his deadline to Thursday. Long story short, somewhat, he excepted and there’s been no slowing down since. By Good Friday he was given all the training information, he would have to go to BC for a week to meet some of the team out west and then by last week the location had changed to New Brunswick. So tickets were bought, hotel reservations made and Friday afternoon, he dropped off his old work truck, handed over his work stuff and got ready for New Brunswick. I drove him to the airport Sunday, and was already missing him 45 minutes later when I was home. I’m looking forward to Saturday morning when I get to pick him up! I’m actually going to pay for parking so I can be at arrivals when he gets there. Which brings me to my next point, vlogging.
I’m finally starting my YouTube channel! I’m always buying new things, receiving gratis at work, or going on adventures, and I figured there was no better time to start than now. As some of you may know, I’m currently working 2 jobs, full time Beauty Advisor and on my days off, I’m working as an assistant in an optical store. But if I’m being honest I don’t really do much there because the owner always jumps in and takes over. Annoying and frustrating, yes, but not for much longer. I’ve accepted a new assistant position which pays better and has more perks, I’ll be driving around some more and running errands for my new position and what better way to bring you all along than to vlog my adventures. I’m also really hoping I’ll have more time to work on my blog with this new position. It’s only 1 day a week, so I will have a day off that I can dedicate to blogging and starting my youtube. I’m going to link my first video below, check it out and subscribe, feel free to share. I do have a few ideas for the next videos I’ll be putting up but let me know what you want to see!
If you made all the way to the end of this post, thank you. I hope it wasn’t too long or dry of a read. And I promise once everything settles down a bit, I will get back to posting more.